As the IT Systems Specialist for the organization, you will provide triage, ticket assignment, tier I issue resolution, account management, and systems monitoring; include providing accurate and efficient tier I support for workstations and peripherals issues, recommending hardware, scheduling, receiving, storing & distributing software, hardware & equipment according to company policy & procedures and asset tracking. Coordinate and closely work with team members, end-users, and technical staff on problem resolution, tracking, monitoring, and reporting. Write and update “how-to”, knowledgebase, and procedure documentation.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of IT Systems Specialist:
- You will provide outstanding customer service and a positive support experience by interfacing directly with ENERCON employees on issues, communicating in a clear, concise manner.
- You will accurately and efficiently answer help desk calls.
- You will collect appropriate information needed to triage, assign, and solve tier I tickets regarding software, hardware, and operational problems and appropriately know when to escalate to tier II support.
- You will provide remote software installation and configuration support.
- You will accurately perform account creation, management, and deletion per documented processes and procedures.
- You will accurately and timely perform remote connection administration per documented processes and procedures.
- You will manage print queues and drivers using documented issue resolution and troubleshooting procedures per documented processes and procedures.
You will perform workstation management and adherence to all security requirements.
- You will follow basic troubleshooting procedures to accurately troubleshoot basic network administration and connectivity issues and appropriately know when to escalate to level II support.
- You will be a liaison with departments to coordinate technology needs.
- You will troubleshoot and identify possible root cause issues and errors; determine prioritization and escalation paths; strong ownership and reliable follow through.
- You will perform basic Windows server administration, including Active Directory and Exchange.
- You will follow purchasing guidelines to order, receive and track hardware, software, and maintenance contracts as needed.
- You will follow established processes and standards, identify, and propose improvements, as necessary.
- You will perform OS Imaging and deployment.
- You will perform Mobile device management.
- You will attend meetings as assigned and participate in educational activities to keep skills up to date.
- You will demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- You will display cooperative behavior and interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment.
- You will perform other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the dept.
- You will be proactive in identifying, reporting, and participating in the resolution of any potential or safety issues.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must have experience and ability to thrive in a team oriented, customer service environment.
- You must have excellent documentation skills, ability to write technical processes and procedures.
- You must have basic understanding of current Windows operating systems and current Microsoft Office products including Microsoft 365.
- You must have knowledge of the interoperability of current Windows operating systems with 3rd party applications.
- You must have knowledge of printer driver and queue creation, installation, management, and troubleshooting.
- You must understand principles of computer system operations, networking, Operating Systems, and peripherals.
- You must have demonstrated hardware maintenance and/or configuration experience.
- You must have knowledge of one or more scripting languages a plus.
- You must have desktop and laptop hardware knowledge Dell, HP & Apple.
- You must have excellent customer service skills.
- You must have highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- You must have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and Experience of a successful candidate:
- 1 – 2 years of help desk, managed service provider or related experience.
- 2 years minimum experience in an IT support role.