As a Test Development Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of test strategies, fixtures, and processes used to test electronic products in a contract manufacturing environment.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of a Test Development Engineer:
- You will work with design and process teams to develop production test requirements for new products.
- You will direct production test strategy for specific products with inputs from operations, design, program management, and customers.
- You will develop and document test fixtures and processes needed to satisfy production test requirements and produce a quality product within product cost and schedule targets.
- You will design test fixtures consisting of a combination of electronics, software, and mechanical elements as needed.
- You will implement customer requested changes or improvements to test fixtures and/or processes.
- You will develop and execute verification and validation plans for new test solutions being released to manufacturing.
- You will support manufacturing test engineers in the investigation and diagnosis of test solution issues encountered in production.
- You will support design verification and/or design characterization activities as part of a new product development team.
- You will evaluate and review general production test needs and identify equipment, tools, strategies, and methodologies for addressing these needs.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be familiar with tools and equipment used in the test of printed circuit boards as well as electronic and electromechanical devices.
- You must be familiar with complex electronic and mechanical devices; being able to anticipate potential failure modes and develop means to detect those failures.
- You must possess sufficient theory and hands on experience to develop test methods and implement the test using internal and external resources.
- You must have sufficient programming background to develop intelligent test fixtures that support software for communications and programming of microprocessor-based products.
- You must be a self-starter who possesses excellent time management skills and is able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- You must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work between multiple departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
Education & experience of a successful candidate:
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Experience working in electronic assembly manufacturing is highly desirable
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment (ISO/FDA/QS) is highly desirable
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.