The Systems Administrator is the senior technical member of the IT Services Delivery Team which supports Enercon Technologies production IT platforms; both in proactively supporting the environment and resolving system issues across production platforms.
This position is responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Mentors the Enercon Technologies Information Technology Team member in the routine operational management of the company’s technology portfolio in the resolution of routine service requests and successfully diagnoses, troubleshoots and ultimately resolves incidents. Leads effort for routine maintenance of the production environment and either partners with or escalates service issues to external contractors based on an escalation and support framework.
Supports and applies ITIL and ITSM framework in management of service requests and incidents. Where such resolution is beyond the capabilities of this team provides well documented escalation requests to external contractors for ultimate disposition and once resolved updates knowledge bases sufficient to reduce repetitive service requests in the future.
Manage and direct the design, development installation, implementation, research for and maintenance of Enercon’s IT infrastructure
Functions & Responsibilities
- Primary Tier 2 escalation point for operations IT personnel; technical resource for vendor management and support issues.
- Supports Microsoft and other platforms across multiple systems.
- Provides direction and mentorship to junior personnel on how to diagnose and resolve production environment issues.
- Provides first response of server incidents, management of trouble ticketing and daily maintenance / monitoring of systems.
- Assists other IT Operations team members with user application and end-user computing issues.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and remediation of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Leads internally driven upgrades and supports and assists vendor driven upgrades.
- Manages enterprise monitoring platforms to identify degraded systems and security issues.
- Manages and monitors patching process to ensure timely patching and system stability.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning and report findings to the Director of Information Systems and Technology.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required. Develops and maintains concise process documentation related to responsibilities.
- Proactively participates in change/incident management solutions; advocates for these protocols across the operations team as needed.
- Collaborate with external contractors on projects, changes and implementations when needed.
- Maintain personal adherence to professional and confidentiality standards established within the department and in accordance with legal, ethical and internal policies.
- Attend meetings as assigned and participate in educational activities to keep enterprise skills current to environment.
- Displays cooperative behavior and interacts positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment.
- Is proactive in identifying, reporting and participating in the resolution of any potential or safety issues.
- Performs other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the department.
- Demonstrates professionalism at all times.
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior value and client service.
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent in demonstrable previous experience.
- 4+ years of supporting a multi-site MS Active Directory and/or MS Azure AD Premium environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Exchange and Microsoft 365.
- Expert Experience with Windows Server roles and features such as DNS, ADFS, DFS, TCP/IP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, NTFS Security, Print Server, IIS, RDS, and DHCP.
- Operational management experience with Microsoft Clustering technologies/methods; able to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques for both on premise and via hybrid cloud environments.
- Operational management experience with enterprise storage solutions.
- Expert operational knowledge of enterprise virtualization solutions; such as VMware technologies.
- Expert experience with Windows Server and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening and Remediation.
- Extensive experience with PowerShell and/or other enterprise operational scripting toolkits.
- Extensive operational knowledge with enterprise backup and recovery solutions, Veeam and Zerto.
- Operational management experience of Network and TCP/IP routing/sub netting, SAN and NAS connectivity.
- Operational management experience of enterprise monitoring tools.Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Self-directed, autonomous and results oriented individual dedicated to improving the operations environment.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with business partners, contractors and project teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.