As the Systems Administrator for the organization you will be a senior technical member of the IT Services Delivery Team which supports Enercon Technologies production IT platforms; both in proactively supporting the environment and resolving system issues across production platforms.
You will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. You will mentor the Enercon Technologies Information Technology Team members in the routine operational management of the company’s technology portfolio in the resolution of routine service requests and successfully diagnose, troubleshoot and ultimately resolves incidents. You will leads effort for routine maintenance of the production environment and either partners with or escalates service issues to external contractors based on an escalation and support framework.
You will support and apply ITIL and ITSM framework in management of service requests and incidents. Where such resolution is beyond the capabilities of this team provides well documented escalation requests to external contractors for ultimate disposition and once resolved updates knowledge bases sufficient to reduce repetitive service requests in the future.
You will manage and direct the design, development installation, implementation, research for and maintenance of Enercon’s IT infrastructure
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Systems Administrator
- You will be the primary Tier 2 escalation point for operations IT personnel; technical resource for vendor management and support issues.
- You will support Microsoft and other platforms across multiple systems.
- You will provide direction and mentorship to junior personnel on how to diagnose and resolve production environment issues.
- You will provide first response of server incidents, management of trouble ticketing and daily maintenance / monitoring of systems.
- You will assist other IT Operations team members with user application and end-user computing issues.
- You will perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and remediation of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- You will lead internally driven upgrades and supports and assist vendor driven upgrades.
- You will manage enterprise monitoring platforms to identify degraded systems and security issues.
- You will manage and monitor patching process to ensure timely patching and system stability.
- You will upgrade and configure system software that supports infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- You will perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning and report findings to the Director of Information Systems and Technology.
- You will perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required. Develop and maintain concise process documentation related to responsibilities.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must proactively participate in change/incident management solutions; advocate for these protocols across the operations team as needed.
- You must collaborate with external contractors on projects, changes and implementations when needed.
- You must maintain personal adherence to professional and confidentiality standards established within the department and in accordance with legal, ethical and internal policies.
- You must attend meetings as assigned and participate in educational activities to keep enterprise skills current to environment.
- You must display cooperative behavior and interact positively and effectively with others to promote a team environment.
- You must be proactive in identifying, reporting and participating in the resolution of any potential or safety issues.
- You must perform other duties necessary to maintain the overall efficiency and continuity of the department.
- You must demonstrate professionalism at all times.
- You must take responsibility for delivering superior value and client service.
- You must approach opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent in demonstrable previous experience.
- 4+ years of supporting a multi-site MS Active Directory and/or MS Azure AD Premium environment.
- Knowledge and experience with Exchange and Microsoft 365.
- Expert Experience with Windows Server roles and features such as DNS, ADFS, DFS, TCP/IP, LDAP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, NTFS Security, Print Server, IIS, RDS, and DHCP.
- Operational management experience with Microsoft Clustering technologies/methods; able to demonstrate troubleshooting techniques for both on premise and via hybrid cloud environments.
- Operational management experience with enterprise storage solutions.
- Expert operational knowledge of enterprise virtualization solutions; such as VMware technologies.
- Expert experience with Windows Server and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening and Remediation.
- Extensive experience with PowerShell and/or other enterprise operational scripting toolkits.
- Extensive operational knowledge with enterprise backup and recovery solutions, Veeam and Zerto.
- Operational management experience of Network and TCP/IP routing/sub netting, SAN and NAS connectivity.
- Operational management experience of enterprise monitoring tools.Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Self-directed, autonomous and results oriented individual dedicated to improving the operations environment.
- Ability to build strong partnerships with business partners, contractors and project teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.