As SMT Supervisor you will be responsible for leading and working with the SMT production team to achieve SMT production, quality, and cost goals. You will establish and execute production plans based on team member skills, material availability, and equipment capability. You will evaluate and develop personnel to ensure the most efficient and effective operation of the area. You will ensure that all policies and procedures are being administrated in a fair, timely, and safe manner. Your activities will be expected to result in improved productivity, quality, on-time delivery, and safety for the SMT area.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of SMT Supervisor:
- You will provide inspiration, leadership, and direct supervision to the SMT team.
- You will assign tasks, check work at frequent intervals, monitor schedules and define priorities.
- You will work closely with the SMT Process Manager to coordinate activities involved in the development, implementation, and improvement of systems, processes, and product assembly procedures relating to SMT.
- You will interact daily with direct reports, peers, and management to ensure the efficient operation of the SMT team, and to ensure objectives are met.
- You will work on issues where analysis of a situation or data requires review of relevant factors leading to the exercising of judgment within defined procedures and/or policies to achieve an appropriate outcome.
- You will ensure that all applicable company policies such as human resource, quality, safety, ergonomic and security policies are implemented and being followed.
- You will provide frequent and regular feedback, to include written annual evaluations, to your team members on how they are performing.
- You will actively look for opportunities to improve both your team’s performance and the performance of the company.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be a self-directed individual who can affectively manage yourself as well as your team.
- You must be comfortable working in an environment that frequently experiences routine and rapid changes.
- You must have excellent organization and decision-making skills.
- You must have a strong attention to detail.
- You must have a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- You must have solid software abilities, including proficiency in MS Office.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- High school diploma required. College degree a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years manufacturing experience in an automated environment.
- Direct experience with printed circuit board assembly.
Enercon Technologies offers a competitive Benefits Package