As Director of Supply Chain for the organization, you will be responsible for the overall strategy and execution of the organization’s supply chain operations. You will be responsible for the oversite and direction of a team that includes purchasing, inventory control, shipping & receiving, production planning, and logistics. You will be accountable for achieving organizational supply chain goals and performance KPI’s.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Director of Supply Chain:
- You will develop and implement supply chain strategies to ensure that critical supply chain processes run effectively and achieve organizational goals and performance KPIs.
- You will supervise daily operations of the Supply Chain Team and ensure proper and timely execution of all corresponding tasks.
- You will work directly with suppliers to obtain optimal contracts and pricing focused on best total cost and value, create communication channels for critical supply information, and develop operational improvements based on supplier capabilities.
- You will work with your team and suppliers to identify and execute cost savings programs for current materials.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a total supplier quality management system to accurately measure supplier performance, including quality, on-time delivery, and total cost. You will manage supplier problem resolution and supplier accountability through documented corrective actions.
- You will optimize warehousing functions, including shipping, receiving and material handling, for productivity while maintaining inventory accuracy.
- You will supervise the production planning team in developing plans to utilize labor and machine resources in the most efficient manner to meet customer demand.
- You will manage inventory levels to minimize production risk while maximizing inventory turns.
- You will coordinate with the Product Design and/or Program Management teams, so that new and existing products can be optimally sourced and integrated into the supply chain. You will work with the organization to determine make/buy decisions.
- You will define and implement information technology infrastructure to support supply chain operations.
- You will interview and hire staff as needed and oversee staff training.
- You will lead and develop your staff to be a best-in-class Supply Chain Team.
- You will be responsible for maintaining departmental KPIs, including on-time delivery, stock turns, productivity, and cost trend analyses. You will use the departmental KPI’s to proactively inform key stakeholders enabling best business decisions and practices.
- You will benchmark other supply chain operations and implement best practices.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must have In-depth understanding of supply chain management, inventory management, production planning, and global transportation services.
- You must have knowledge of the electronic manufacturing environment; materials, and processes.
- You must have strong leadership skills with a results-oriented track record, closing issues and achieving targets.
- You must have excellent planning, organizational, team and interpersonal skills.
- You must have the ability and willingness to travel (up to 10%).
- You must have a strong understanding of IT capability where supply chain is involved to include an understanding of integrated business applications (ERP, MES, WMS).
- You must have excellent communication and presentations skills.
- You must have the ability to read and comprehend legal documents, such as contracts.
- You must have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, manage time, and adapt to new challenges in a fast-moving environment.
- You must have the ability to lead, train and mentor employees individually and as a team
- BS, BA in supply chain management or related field; advanced degree preferred
- 5-8 years of manufacturing supply chain experience with at least 3 years in a management role.
- Direct ERP experience required
- Proven Lean and Six Sigma experience desired.