As a Senior Electrical Design Engineer for the organization, you will design and develop custom electronics and electronics-based products developed for Enercon and its customers.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Senior Electrical Design Engineer:
- You will design and develop electronics-based products ranging from simple hardware-only solutions to highly complex embedded processing systems.
- You will serve as technical lead on smaller electronics-focused development projects – identifying required development activities and directing other team members in completing those activities.
- You will collaborate with project team members to identify product requirements and develop corresponding design strategies or architecture using the best approach based on performance, cost, and resources.
- You will develop detailed product and/or electronics specifications based on requirements and design schematics and PCBA layouts accordingly.
- You will participate in the bring-up and debugging of new electronics hardware and systems.
- You will establish design verification testing tools and methods and execute design verification activities.
- You will establish production test requirements to ensure that product is manufactured correctly.
- You will document ideas, designs, specifications, and instructions to Enercon’s standards.
- You will provide electrical engineering input to development project quoting activities.
- You will contribute to the improvement of department processes and tools, particularly those related to electronics and electronics-based product development.
- You will mentor junior members of the engineering staff to promote design team abilities and establish good working practices.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must have demonstrated experience and expertise in the design and development of custom electronics and electronics-based systems or products.
- You must have communication skills needed to interface with the customer on technical discussions.
- You must have strong electronic design abilities using advanced analog and digital components to create original designs based on product specifications.
- You must have demonstrated ability to work on all aspects of electronics design including circuit design, component selection, schematic capture, and high-speed PCBA layout.
- You must have familiarity with electronics manufacture, assembly, and test including rigid and flex PCB technologies, SMT and thru-hole assembly, and DFM/DFT considerations.
- You must have the ability to program C/C++ for microcontrollers and/or smaller embedded processors as needed.
- You must have a demonstrated knowledge of regulatory requirements that may affect the design such as ISO, UL, and IEC.
- You must be able to identify and execute design tasks with a minimum of supervision.
- You must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work between multiple departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- A 4-year degree or equivalent experience in Electrical Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of electronics design and development or equivalent experience.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive Benefits Package.