The Senior Buyer will be responsible for buying electronic and mechanical parts, materials, equipment, tools and services for assigned projects/commodities. This individual will contact vendors for information/bids, establish new and alternative supply sources and negotiate purchase prices. This position will also coordinate with Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Control to plan the purchase of materials, JIT schedules, resolve quality and delivery issues and inform others of product availability and expected delivery dates. The position will also assist the Director of Supply Chain in setting long term goals, implementing Kan Ban systems, implementing lean manufacturing and purchasing practices, and implementing and overseeing an MRP/ERP system.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Purchase and scheduling of materials to be used in the manufacturing process.
- Management of JIT Schedules for projects.
- Manage the vendor qualification and assessment system.
- Effectively quote material costs for new projects.
- Implement, and manage product line sourcing strategy – including global opportunities.
- Drive product line cost reduction per established targets.
- Provide support for both strategic and poor performing suppliers.
- Develop and implement actions to achieve operational goals: 0 PPM, 100% delivery performance.
- Participate in continuous improvement in purchasing and product line management processes.
- Support new product launch and legacy procurement initiatives.
- Other purchasing activities as assigned by the Director of Supply Chain.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to define strategic plans/concepts as well as execute daily tasks.
- Strong goal attainment orientation with a team focus.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter, possessing high degree of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated problem solving and project management skills.
- Knowledge of quality processes and interrelationship to supplier activities.
- Ability to understand electronic and mechanical specifications.
- Strong MRP/ERP experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel, both internally and with the supplier base.
- BS in Business or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years experience with electronic and/or electro-mechanical components purchasing, desired.
- Supervisory experience.
- CPM/CPIM/APICS a plus.
- Training or experience in Microsoft computer applications.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.