As the Program Manager you will report to the Director of Program Management, you will lead New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to manage and meet customer expectations, with ultimate responsibility for on-time & on-budget project execution.
You are the primary customer contact to support all aspects of the customer account. You will also lead internal multi-discipline project teams managing product development & production team activities, program schedules, budgets, scope and the overall metrics to meet program objectives.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Program Manager:
- You will partner with the Sales Team to develop estimates and proposals for new business opportunities as well as proposals and addendums for follow-on work with existing customers.
- You will lead customer interactions for individual programs, with a strong focus on customer expectation management.
- You will develop and maintain multiple project plans, schedules and meeting notes to communicate program status to customer(s) and internal teams.
- You will direct and coordinate program activities (schedule adherence, program budget, plan tracking, milestones, scope changes, design-to-cost objectives, plan updates, and weekly team meetings) while leading personnel responsible for specific functions throughout the life cycle phases of program.
- You will guide successful completion of projects though collaboration with Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, and outside consultants and suppliers.
- You will be responsible for overall coordination of all cross-functional activities.
- You will continuously identify, monitor and mitigate project risk.
- You will appropriately escalate issues to management and leadership.
- You will identify and execute opportunities for continuous process improvement in Enercon’s product development and manufacturing processes.
- You will mentor other Program Managers within the group.
- You will identify innovation opportunities to add value to individual customers’ programs and products and provide value for Enercon, beyond defined project scope and constraints.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You should have in the electronic contract engineering and manufacturing service business.
- You must have experience with all phases of new product development, from concept through commercialization.
- You must have proven ability to manage multiple medium to large scale projects.
- You must be proficient in the use of MS Project to develop schedules, allocate resources, and establish program budgets.
- You must have the ability to motivate and inspire your teams.
- You must have excellent independent work ethic and organizational skills.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to convey business and technical concepts to a diverse customer base and to internal technical teams in a clear and concise manner.
- You must have knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of teams with many disciplines ranging from management to staff to technicians.
- You must have demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional peers.
- You must have demonstrated successful product launches in more than one major geography.
- You must have demonstrated success in meeting overall project goals, timelines, costs, resource management, and core team leadership.
- You must have an understanding of FDA medical product guidelines and ISO 13485 concepts.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- Technical B.S. or M.S. degree or equivalent proven experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a customer-facing product development role.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.