Reporting to the Director of Program Management, the Program Manager (PM) leads New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to manage and meet customer expectations, with ultimate responsibility for on-time & on-budget project execution.
The PM is the primary customer contact to support all aspects of the customer account. The PM also leads internal multi-discipline project teams managing product development & production team activities, program schedules, budgets, scope and the overall metrics to meet program objectives.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Partner with the Sales Team to develop estimates and proposals for new business opportunities as well as proposals and addendums for follow-on work with existing customers.
- Lead customer interactions for individual programs, with a strong focus on customer expectation management.
- Develop and maintain multiple project plans, schedules and meeting notes to communicate program status to customer(s) and internal teams.
- Direct and coordinate program activities (schedule adherence, program budget, plan tracking, milestones, scope changes, design-to-cost objectives, plan updates, and weekly team meetings) while leading personnel responsible for specific functions throughout the life cycle phases of program.
- Guide successful completion of projects though collaboration with Development, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality and Regulatory Affairs, and outside consultants and suppliers.
- Responsible for overall coordination of all cross-functional activities.
- Continuous identification, monitoring and mitigation of project risk.
- Appropriately escalate issues to management and leadership.
- Identify and execute opportunities for continuous process improvement in Enercon’s product development and manufacturing processes.
- Mentor other Program Managers within the group.
- Identify innovation opportunities to add value to individual customers’ programs and products and provide value for Enercon, beyond defined project scope and constraints.
- Experience preferred in the electronic contract engineering and manufacturing service business.
- Experience required with all phases of new product development, from concept through commercialization.
- Proven ability to manage multiple medium to large scale projects.
- Proficient in the use of MS Project to develop schedules, allocate resources, and establish program budgets.
- Ability to motivate and inspire your teams.
- Excellent independent work ethic and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to convey business and technical concepts to a diverse customer base and to internal technical teams in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods and coordination of teams with many disciplines ranging from management to staff to technicians.
- Demonstrated success leading and influencing cross-functional peers.
- Demonstrated successful product launches in more than one major geography.
- Demonstrated success in meeting overall project goals, timelines, costs, resource management, and core team leadership.
- Understanding of FDA medical product guidelines and ISO 13485 concepts required.
- Technical B.S. or M.S. degree or equivalent proven experience.
- 5-10 years’ experience in a customer-facing product development role.
Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.