As the Process Engineering Manager for the organization, you will be responsible for organization’s manufacturing processes, and product assembly procedures. You will initiate, direct, and coordinate through the efforts of the process engineering group all process activities to ensure optimum use of workers, equipment, materials, and facilities. Your activities will be expected to result in improved productivity, quality, safety, and profitability.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Process Engineering Manager:
- You will direct and coordinate the process engineering group activities in the design, development, implementation and improvement of systems, processes, and product assembly procedures.
- You will provide planning, direction, and coordination for all process activities to ensure optimum use of workers, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- You will plan and establish process engineering projects and follow up on performance against estimates.
- You will initiate cost reduction proposals, compile appropriate information, make recommendations for action, and confirm results obtained.
- You will manage, through process and procedure, the implementation of product design changes.
- You will be responsible for the identification, source selection, installation, validation, training, and implementation of new equipment and new processes.
- You will ensure active consultation with new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities and issues related to design for manufacturability, test, and assembly.
- You will assist in the preparation of new product cost estimates.
- You will define the technical training in manufacturing techniques, methods and processes provided to manufacturing associates.
- You will actively seek knowledge of new manufacturing technologies, methods, and techniques.
- You will administer group personnel functions such as recruiting, hiring, and performance reviews.
- You will ensure compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be a strong leader.
- You must have broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques, and their application.
- You must be imaginative and creative in your thinking about what is possible.
- You must have the talent to engage, inspire and motivate a cross-functional team with members from all levels and areas to reach beyond where most thought possible.
- You must have excellent project management skills; adept at organizing and planning the use of time and people.
- You must have strong analytical skills.
- You must possess excellent communication abilities; written and verbal.
- You must possess a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- You must subscribe to a philosophy of team.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- Demonstrated record of leadership and performance.
- Track record of increasing responsibility.
- Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing work experience.
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly highly desirable.
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive Benefits Package.