As a PCB Drafter for the organization, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of PCB design documentation as well as the coordination and processing of engineering documentation within Enercon’s PLM system.
Functions & Responsibilities
- You will collaborate with various design and production stakeholders in the development and maintenance of PCB design documentation including fabrication data, fabrication drawings, and bills of materials (BOMs).
- You will create and maintain part entries in the Enercon PDM system, component library, and other applicable databases.
- You will act in the role of component librarian for the ECAD component database.
- You will produce technical documentation and output files required by vendors to build PCBs.
- You will work with outside vendors to address questions and/or requests that arise during fabrication.
- You will collaborate with engineers and others in the development and maintenance of technical documentation including drawings, component specifications, and bills of materials (BOMs).
- You will process engineering change requests (ECRs) and coordinate implementation with internal customers including Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality.
- You will identify deficiencies and implement improvements within the PCB design and/or documentation control procedures.
- You will work within the design team to promote design team abilities and establish good working practices.
- You must have familiarity with PCB design and the associated documentation needed for manufacture.
- You must have a working knowledge of electronics manufacturing technologies, processes, and applicable standards.
- You must have the ability to read and modify schematics using common ECAD packages, PADS and/or Cadence preferred.
- You must have familiarity with drafting packages such as AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator, and Solidworks.
- You must have familiarity with the use of PLM software to control the ECR/ECO process.
- You must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and able to estimate resources required to accomplish a task.
- You must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work between multiple departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
- A 2-year degree in PCB design, drafting, or equivalent experience in a related/technical discipline.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in drafting/document control or a related field
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive Benefits Package.