The primary role of this position is to develop and document manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies which yield reliable high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement manufacturing process technologies, methods and techniques to assist and promote the building of reliable, high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
- Development and maintenance of product assembly procedures.
- Provide active consultation to new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, techniques and issues related to design for manufacturability (DFM) and test (DFT).
- Assist in the preparation of new product cost estimates.
- Implement new equipment and new processes – Responsible for identifying, specifying, validating, documenting, implementing and training.
- Design production equipment and fixtures to aid in the assembly of product while improving operator safety/comfort, reducing labor and improving quality.
- Provide technical training in manufacturing techniques, methods and processes to manufacturing associates.
Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Collect, record, and present data.
- Investigate and diagnose product manufacturing issues and respond to internal and external customer requests for changes and improvements.
- Coordinate the implementation of product design changes.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
- Self-starter and a strong problem solver.
- Desire to work as a member of a team.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent organization and decision making skills.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Understanding of computer and machine programming and I/O logic.
- Ability to troubleshoot machine control problems and perform system tests.
- Strong software abilities: MS Office – proficiency necessary. Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems, Solidworks, Autocad and MS Project a plus.
- A 4-year degree in a related engineering discipline or equivalent engineering experience.
- 2-4 years of related of work experience.
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly (through hole and surface mount technology) and test highly desirable.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma desirable.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.