As a Manufacturing Process Engineer for printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA), your primary role is to develop and document manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies which yield reliable high-quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of a Manufacturing Process Engineer – Printed Circuit Board Assemblies:
- You will develop and implement manufacturing process technologies, methods, and techniques to assist and promote the building of reliable, high quality PCBA assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
- You will develop and maintain product assembly procedures for PCBA & cable assemblies.
- You will provide active consultation to new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, techniques and issues related to design for manufacturability and assembly (DFMA).
- You will assist in the preparation of new product cost estimates including applicable NRE.
- You will be responsible for identifying, specifying, validating, documenting, implementing, and training on new equipment and processes.
- You will design production equipment and fixtures to aid in the assembly of product while improving operator safety/comfort, reducing labor and improving quality.
- You will provide technical training in PCBA/cable manufacturing techniques, methods, and processes to manufacturing associates.
- You will maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, changeovers, and costs.
- You will Investigate and diagnose product manufacturing issues and respond to internal and external customer requests for changes and improvements.
- You will coordinate the implementation of product design changes.
- You will collect, record, and present data applicable to the status of production projects assigned to you.
- You will ensure projects are completed on time.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be a self-starter and a strong problem solver.
- You must have the ability to lead and work as a member of a team.
- You must be comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- You will have excellent organization and decision-making skills.
- You must have a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- You will have experience with 2d CAD design of electrical assemblies, schematics, and parts, (PCBA design experience highly desirable).
- You must have experience with validation efforts.
- You must have experience designing, assembling, and debugging automated or semi-automated electromechanical equipment.
- You must understand computer and machine programming and I/O logic.
- You must have strong software abilities: MS Office – proficiency necessary in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- You must have experience with MS Project.
Required Education & experience of a successful candidate:
- B.S. in Engineering (or equivalent combination of experience and education) in Electrical (EE or EET), Mechanical (ME or MET), or Industrial (IE, IET).
- 2 – 4 years of related of work experience.
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly including through hole and surface mount technology and PCBA test.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma desirable.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.