As the Manufacturing Process Engineer you will develop and document manufacturing processes for electronic assemblies which yield reliable high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Manufacturing Process Engineer:
- You will develop and implement manufacturing process technologies, methods and techniques to assist and promote the building of reliable, high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
- You will development and maintenance of product assembly procedures.
- You will provide active consultation to new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, techniques and issues related to design for manufacturability (DFM) and test (DFT).
- You will assist in the preparation of new product cost estimates.
- You will implement new equipment and new processes – Responsible for identifying, specifying, validating, documenting, implementing and training.
- You will design production equipment and fixtures to aid in the assembly of product while improving operator safety/comfort, reducing labor and improving quality.
- You will provide technical training in manufacturing techniques, methods and processes to manufacturing associates.
- You will maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- You will collect, record, and present data.
- You will investigate and diagnose product manufacturing issues and respond to internal and external customer requests for changes and improvements.
- You will coordinate the implementation of product design changes.
- You will ensure projects are completed on time.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be a self-starter and a strong problem solver.
- You must have a desire to work as a member of a team.
- You must be comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- You must have excellent organization and decision making skills.
- You must have a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- You must have an understanding of computer and machine programming and I/O logic.
- You must have the ability to troubleshoot machine control problems and perform system tests.
- You must have strong software abilities: MS Office – proficiency necessary. Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems, Solidworks, Autocad and MS Project a plus.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- A 4-year degree in a related engineering discipline or equivalent engineering experience.
- 2-4 years of related of work experience.
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly (through hole and surface mount technology) and test highly desirable.
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma desirable.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.