At Enercon, the financial analyst is a key member of the finance team who will assist in enhancing the strategic partnership between finance and the business. This individual will support the CFO in creating analytical reports, models and dashboards to facilitate deeper insight into business performance, resulting in proactive data driven decision making. The individual will assist in the financial reporting aspect of the month end close process and monthly department spend reviews with business leaders. The individual will be an important player in the budget and forecasting process, as well as, projects throughout the business.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Financial Analyst:
- You will be the Subject Matter Expert in financial modeling.
- You will assist in development and maintenance of daily, weekly and monthly financial scorecards for various business stakeholders.
- You will support the month end close process through development and maintenance of financial analysis to include sales, cost of goods sold, gross margin, project profitability, department expenses and balance sheet.
- You will support the CFO in enhancing the strategic partnership between finance and the business through robust meaningful business analysis, metrics and communication enabling increased accountability and proactive business decision making.
- You will participate in monthly department spend reviews with business leaders.
- You will support the CFO in expanded forecasting and budgeting process
- You will support program management through ad-hoc analysis during the customer quote process and comparison of actual costs vs. the quote.
- You will support engineering and program management through review and analysis of project spend and profitability.
- You will support operations by providing financial analysis for productivity/continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will support business projects as necessary.
- You will maintain proper accounting workpapers
- You will assist with other daily administrative duties as may be required from time to time
- You will provide support for other duties as may be required
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be a critical thinker with a strategic mind set.
- You must be super user of Excel.
- You must be excellent at data mining and manipulation.
- You must be a team player and have a can-do attitude.
- You must be able to adapt and navigate evolving requests and deliverables.
- You must have strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to effectively interact directly with various departments in the business.
- You must be hands-on with the willingness to dig into detail to understand root causes and solve problems
- You must be a self-driven, intellectually curious individual with a high sense of personal ownership
- You must have a firm understanding of general accounting concepts and cost accounting principles
- You must possess excellent time management skills
- You must be detailed oriented with superior organizational skills.
- You must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- You must have strong mathematical, reading comprehension and written skills
- You must have a sense of confidentiality
Education & Experience of a successful candidate:
- You must have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- You must have experience working with ERP systems, Syteline preferred
- You must have 2 – 5 years working in a manufacturing accounting environment as an analyst
- You must have deep knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook software applications