As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will design electronic circuitry and embedded software to produce new products for Enercon and its customers.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Electrical Design Engineer
- You will develop product specifications based on requirements and identify risk areas and potential improvements.
- You will generate original electronic designs as part of a design team to meet specific product requirements.
- You will evaluate possible alternatives during the development process and determine best approach based on performance, cost, and resources.
- You will write original embedded software to support the hardware to meet requirements.
- You will document ideas, designs, specifications, and instructions to Enercon’s standards.
- You will develop designs that promote manufacturability and testability from design and production viewpoints.
- You will work within the design team to promote design team abilities and establish good working practices.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must have strong electronic design abilities using advanced analog and digital components to create designs based on product specifications.
- You must have good, embedded programming skills using a higher-level language such as C.
- You must have a working knowledge of regulatory requirements that may affect the design such as UL and IEC.
- You must be able to develop schematics using a CAD package such as PADS.
- You must be able to work with a minimum of supervision but keep other member apprised of the status of work.
- You must have a familiarity with test methodologies within a manufacturing environment.
- You must be familiar with SMT technology and standard design and manufacturing techniques for printed circuit boards.
- You must have the ability to follow established design procedures during the development cycle and document the design to Enercon’s standards.
- You must possess good interpersonal skills and work between multiple departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
- A 4-year degree in a related engineering discipline or equivalent.
Enercon offers a competitive benefits package.