As a Documentation Specialist for the organization, you will be responsible for the coordination and processing of engineering documentation within Enercon’s PLM System.
Functions & Responsibilities
- You will collaborate with engineers and others in the development and maintenance of technical documentation including drawings, component specifications, and bills of materials (BOMs).
- You will create and maintain part entries in the Enercon PDM system and other applicable databases.
- You will perform technical drafting tasks within common CAD packages.
- You will process engineering change requests (ECRs) and coordinate implementation with internal customers including Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality.
- You will review ECRs for correctness and completeness including the identification of what, if any, other resources are required for implementing the request.
- You will review documentation produced on an ECR for correctness and completeness including the identification of what, if any, other resources are required to review items before release.
- You will develop and maintain controlling documentation for production labeling.
- You will identify deficiencies and implement improvements within the documentation control procedures.
- You will work within the design team to promote design team abilities and establish good working practices.
- You must possess extreme attention to detail and be willing to follow up on those details to provide the best possible documentation.
- You must have a good understanding of standard ECR/ECO procedures and safeguards and be able to identify weaknesses and strengths for continual improvements.
- You must be familiar with the use of PLM software to control the ECR/ECO process.
- You must be familiar with drafting packages such as AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator, Solidworks, and Photoshop.
- You must be able to self-manage resources and establish priorities on multiple requests for activities.
- You must have the ability to follow established design procedures during the development cycle and document the design to Enercon’s standards.
- You must possess good interpersonal skills and have the ability to work between multiple departments in carrying out this position’s duties.
- A minimum of a 2-year degree in a related engineering/technical discipline or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in documentation control or a related field.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive Benefits Package.