At Enercon, the Director of Business Development will build customer relationships, as well as, provide strategic direction, contributing to the continued growth and success of Enercon. As part of the senior management team, they will be responsible for all business development, sales and marketing activities. A successful Director of Business Development will be able to work with cross-functional teams and lead strategy across the company. Because this role is heavily focused on developing and maintaining relationships, a successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal skills, as well as, an innovative mindset and a deep understanding of Enercon’s offerings.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Director of Business Development:
Sales / Commercial:
- You will identify new customers and new opportunities with existing customers that are suited to our Product Design and Manufacturing business model.
- You will provide a constant pipeline of new RFQs and new customers, as well as create and proactively manage a robust pipeline tracking system enabling the ability to continuously report on progress of pipeline and leads.
- You will partner with key stakeholders to create, develop and execute a voice of customer strategy that will empower and position the business for continued future success.
- You will partner with Finance to ensure potential new customers have strong financial status and credit worthiness.
- You will ensure new opportunities can deliver minimum levels of gross margin and revenuMarketing:Mar
- You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the company brand image, both internally and externally, including but not limited to web, print and presentations.
- You will monitor, evaluate and report on competitor positioning and identify and implement strategies to win additional business.
- You will ensure business deliverables are in line with marketed deliverables.
- You will drive the marketing and branding at industry focused events.
- You will promote key differentiators.
- You will have significant interaction with Senior Management Team to achieve consistency in relation to Business Structure Development and Process Development.
- You will define and develop the working relationships with the Program and Account Managers to ensure clear lines of communication and ownership of specific tasks are undertaken and implemented.
- You will generate and present reports to the management team providing information on current status and future expectations of business activity relating to adopted strategies.
- You will ensure implementation of an accurate weekly status reporting process which can be issued in a controlled manner to both customers and staff.
- You will represent at customer quarterly business reviews and provide relevant data for review.
- You will create visit reports after every customer meeting and distribute to management and owners of relevant actions.
- You will ensure communication processes are implemented that are consistent across all functions.
- You will ensure all outstanding issues / customer complaints are resolved swiftly and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- You will define and develop an escalation process to ensure customer issues that cannot be addressed by the customer facing team are closed out by the management team within an agreed timescale.
- You will ensure customer expectations are managed in line with the ability to deliver.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be commercially astute.
- You must have Proven Excellent Customer Service.
- You must excel at critical/strategic thinking.
- You must be a proactive communicator.
- You must be motivational with the ability be able to lead by example.
- You must have the ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects.
- You must be structured.
- You must be professional.
- You must have the ability to stay calm under pressure
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- Degree qualified in a relevant technical field or business administration.
- Proven experience in Sales Management Role.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Background in Electronics Manufacturing, Contract Manufacturing, Product Development.
- A level of technical understanding / competence, degree in engineering a plus
Cross functional experience
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.