The Buyer is responsible for purchasing electronic and mechanical items, equipment, tools and services. This individual
will contact vendors for information/bids, establish new and alternative supply
sources and negotiate purchase prices and delivery schedules. The Buyer will
also coordinate with Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality
Control to plan the purchase of materials, establish JIT schedules, resolve
quality and delivery issues and inform others of pricing, product availability
and expected delivery dates.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- The purchase and scheduling of materials
- Management of vendor qualification and assessment.
- Material cost reduction.
- Definition, implementation, and management of product sourcing strategy.
- Supplier support and direction.
- Development and implementation of actions to achieve operational goals: 0 PPM incoming quality, 100% supplier delivery performance.
- Participation in continuous improvement efforts throughout the business.
- Support of new product launch and legacy procurement initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Analytical in approach.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi task.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Capability to define strategic plans/concepts as well as execute daily tasks.
- Self-starter, possessing high degree of self-motivation.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to understand electronic and mechanical specifications.
- Understanding of MRP/ERP.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Associates Degree or Technical College Degree in Electronics or Business
- 2-3 years of experience with electronic and/or electro-mechanical components purchasing.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft applications.
Enercon offers a competitive benefits package.