As the Buyer for the organization, you will be responsible for purchasing electronic and mechanical items, equipment, tools, and services. You will contact vendors for information/bids, establish new and alternative supply sources and negotiate purchase prices and delivery schedules. You will also coordinate with Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing and Quality Control to plan the purchase of materials, establish JIT schedules, resolve quality and delivery issues and inform others of pricing, product availability and expected delivery dates.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Buyer:
- You will purchase and schedule materials.
- You will process Quotes.
- You will manage vendor qualification and assessment.
- You will manage material cost reduction.
- You will define, implement, and manage product sourcing strategy.
- You will provide supplier support and direction.
- You will develop and implement actions to achieve operational goals: 0 PPM incoming quality, 100% supplier delivery performance.
- You will participate in continuous improvement efforts throughout the business.
- You will support new product launch and legacy procurement initiatives.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must have strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- You must be analytical in approach.
- You must have excellent negotiation skills.
- You must have the ability to multi task.
- You must have solid organizational skills.
- You must be capable of defining strategic plans/concepts as well as execute daily tasks.
- You must be a self-starter, possessing high degree of self-motivation.
- You must have strong problem solving and project management skills.
- You must have the ability to understand electronic and mechanical specifications.
- You must understand MRP/ERP.You must have the ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- Associates Degree or Technical College Degree in Electronics or Business.
- 2-3 years of experience with electronic and/or electro-mechanical components purchasing.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Microsoft applications.
- Enercon offers a competitive benefits package.