As Associate SMT Process Engineer you will be responsible for the development and improvement of the SMT process including its supporting processes. You will also be responsible for developing, supporting, and improving design specific SMT processes and procedures with a focus on improving quality and reliability, while lowering total costs.
Functions & Responsibilities
- You will be involved in the design, development, implementation and improvement of systems, processes and product assembly procedures concerned with SMT.
- You will support SMT process engineering projects and follow up on performance against estimates.
- You will initiate cost reduction proposals related to the SMT process, compile appropriate decision-making information, make recommendations for action, implement and report on results obtained.
- You will support as assigned the implementation of new SMT equipment and processes including the identification, source selection, validation, manufacturing implementation and training.
- You will provide active consultation with new product development and design transfer teams regarding SMT capabilities and issues related to design for manufacturability and assembly.
- You will assist in the preparation of product cost estimates.
- You will actively seek out and maintain knowledge of new SMT manufacturing technologies, methods, and techniques.
- You will comply with company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
- You will be responsible for other projects and/or responsibilities as assigned in support of this role.
- You must a self-directed individual.
- You must be comfortable working in an environment that frequently experiences routine and rapid changes
- You must have excellent organization and decision-making skills
- You must have a strong attention to detail
- You must have a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- You must have solid software abilities, including proficiency in MS Office. Experience with Solidworks, Autocad and MS Project a plus.
- 2-year college degree in related field w/ minimum of 2 years of appropriate work experience or
- S. in Engineering in Electrical (EE or EET), Mechanical (ME or MET) or
- 3-5 years of direct SMT line work and programming experience.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive Benefits Package.