At Enercon, the Accounts Payable Specialist will perform all Accounts Payable (A/P) functions including keep open lines of communication with the Purchasing and Material teams, match invoices to packing slips, document invoices to be paid, create check runs, and maintain accurate, organized, records. As part of the Administrative Team, the Accounts Payable Specialist will also answer phone calls and greet guests.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Accounts Payable Specialist:
- You will organize packing slips received from the Materials Team.
- You will organize invoices received from vendor via mail or email.
- You will pair packing slips to their matching invoice.
- You will lookup purchase order numbers for the product or service received to confirm invoices are accurately priced.
- You will ensure that invoices are properly accounted for in the system.
- You will generate timely payment for vendors based on the agreed terms.
- You will prepare paper checks to be sent via mail by means of stuffing envelopes and applying proper postage.
- You will maintain organized documentation for paid invoices.
- You and your team will be responsible for greeting visitors and notifying hosts of their guests’ arrival.
- You and your team will answer the company telephone and route callers to the appropriate person.
- You will assist your team with other job functions as needed.
The skills you need to succeed:
- You must be familiar working with computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- You must have strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- You must be able to manage your time effectively with minimal supervision.
- You must have strong mathematical skills.
- You must have the ability to multitask.
- You must be comfortable exercising discretion regarding confidential practices.
- You must have a good-natured personality and enjoy working in a team environment.
Education and experience of a successful candidate:
- A Bachelors or Associates Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- You must have some experience working in an office environment.
- Enercon Technologies offers a competitive benefits package.